Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Purpose In Life

Aloha honeys! I am so sorry for not blogging for the longest time! But I promise I will start updating frequently once I get my mac labtop soon. I have something to share with all of you, its the beauty of realizing that I am not in denial anymore. So last week, my friend Drea and I attended the Youth Speaks Hawaii Reunion. The open mic event was located in downtown at Arts at Mark's, and was open to the friends and families of the performers, and also open to the public. The performers were alumni from the Hawaii team, and recent members. Seeing the youth perform, brang back memories of when I used to perform at open mics and inspires me to get back out there again. I felt that adrenaline throughout my soul where the words opened up my heart again. So, the day after I texted my dad and explained to him that I wasn't in denial anymore. Because everytime people ask what my major is, I reply psychology(but deep down inside I didn't feel confident about it). It's like I chose it because my parents aren't going to send me to Hawaii and spend a lot of money to go to cosmetology school. Even some of my cousins and unties and uncles knew that I was just saying that, because they seen how much passion I have for cosmetics. But what I realize is that you can multi-task and do everything you love to do, but in order to do that you need to organize your life and time. One of my friends, Noi, in cosmetics is a mother of five, dances in a hula dance group, is a elementry Hawaiian teacher, and works in cosmetics, and she is fit, beautiful and fabulous. She inspires me to take on multiple careers. I also explained to my dad that on my free time, I like to go to the gym and do dance classes, love working in cosmetics, and love expressing myself through spoken word, and that all of them have one thing in common, "Creativity." And creativity is who I am, its sad that I don't want to be a counseler anymore, but I can still help and inspire many lives by becoming a creative writing teacher. (and of course still work in cosmetics, I love them both equally!) I encourage all of you to go out there and work hardcore to get to the highest goal, and when you do get there don't stop, keep going, keep it flowing!

3 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

wonderful post ! The very best of luck to you and Happy New Year !!

Deanna said...

thank you so much for your love and support Elise! Happy New Year to you too!

Audrey said...

I should just change my name to Drea