Thursday, September 3, 2009

Clean those brushes!

Aloha honeys, I just finished cleaning my make-up brushes. It is so important to do! You must clean your brushes at least every two weeks, and if not at least once a month. Over time brushes can collect oil, dirt, and bacteria and if you don't clean them, your basically putting it back and forth onto your face and into your make-up. Which means your contaminating everything! I know we all can get lazy from time to time, but its better to take the time to clean your tools then wasting time spoiling them. Remember to stay clean! A lot of make-up artists have many different ways of cleaning their brushes such as using olive oil and make-up brush cleaners. I clean my brushes the cheap and wise way, I use shampoo and water to get the excess build up off, by lightly swirling my brush on the back of my hand. Then I use the conditioner and water to soften my brushes. Its good to keep a towel near by, so that after you can lay the brush on its side to air dry. And there you have it, and affordable way to maintain your brushes!

No comments: