Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Deep Blue Sea

Hey honeys! I decided to go for blue smokey eyes, but balanced it out with a soft highlight on the cheeks, and shimmery nude lips. I call this look "Deep Blue Sea." This look is dramatic, but soft at the same time. I want to admit and share some beauty secrets that I did to get this look. For the eye lids, I used a dark blue eyeliner, instead of using a base. And like with any base, after I set and pat it down with an eyeshadow powder in a similar dark blue shade. Always remember eyeliner can be used for more than one purpose other then lining the eyes! And for my cheeks, I used the same nude shimmery cream lip gloss that I used for my lips! (because I didn't have any blush/highlight/bronzer shade that was in the same shade category as my lip shade) I blended it out on my cheeks to make it look like a flush of highlight, then I set it with my foundation powder, to set it in place. And for my eyebrows, I filled them in using a small angled brush and powder eye shadow. Always remember that each make-up can be used as many other substitute make-up. For example, back in the day if you had no red blush, but your rocking red bold lips, you can lightly dot the red lipstick on your cheekbones and blend! And there you go, a lipstick and blush all in one. Always remember to be creative and think of things that you can use for multi-purposes, it's a plus because it saves money. Or instead of buying something that can be used as more then one thing, then you can buy the next best beauty treat you been dying to get. (lol) I hoped this helped honeys! Good night!

 
  
  

Beauty products used:
face: Benefit's Tinted Moisturizer in "You Rebel," M.A.C Studio Fix in NC42, and Sonia Kashuk's Take Cover Concealer in "Dusk"
blush: I used a shimmery nude shade from my lip gloss cream Sephora pallette.(I'm so sorry the pallette comes with a bunch of shades, but there no names!)
lips: The same shimmery nude lip gloss cream from Sephora, that I used for my blush.
eyes: Jordana's Fabu Liner in "Black," Rimmel's Gleaming Eye Darkening Liner in "Lapis," M.A.C eye shadow in "Deep Truth," Lancome Hypnose Mascara in "Black," Lancome eyeshadow in "Couture Intense", Bare Escentuals Magic Wand Brushless Mascara in "Black," and a Vanilla matte eye shadow from my Sephora pallette

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so i'm not good with makeup at all but i found it fascinating that you can use lipstick on your cheekbones as a substitute!?!?! awesome! hahah okay i just sound so naive now. ;P

Rae said...

i helllllla like this look